First Baptist Church of Summerfield encourages all people to be passionate followers of Christ. To be a passionate follower, you first need to:
- KNOW Christ Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.
- GROW through regular Bible study and fellowship with other believers.
- SHOW your love for Christ by service and spreading the Gospel.
“We will reach the world for Jesus one relationship at a time.”
“We will be a church that makes disciples, who will in turn make disciples through intentional, biblical relationships.”
The Definition of a Disciple:
And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- One who is committed to following Jesus
- One who is committed to being changed by Jesus
- One who is committed to the mission of Jesus
“We will create biblical disciples in relational environments.”
The Discipling Process:
“Developing disciples through a reproducible growth process”
The discipling process is the maturing process of a follower of Jesus to go from being spiritually dead before committing to follow Christ, to being spiritually alive and growing much like an infant grows to be a child, a young adult, and then a parent. The discipling process requires people to engage the mission of Jesus through intentionally sharing Christ, connecting with people through relationships, training others to minister to both those in the church and in the world, and releasing people to intentionally disciple others in following Jesus.